Wednesday, January 04, 2006

my own funeral

Following my good friend mark's example I will now lay out my own funeral plans.

most important is that I want my body to be strapped to a giant cross shaped rocket. The cross shaped rocket, or the SSS Felix (Solar Sword of Salvation), will by lined with billion candle strobe lights. Within a week after I pass I will be strapped to the SSS Felix and shot into space. Not too far into space, just far enough to stay in orbit for a couple generations of Felix's. Also close enough so that after a couple generations the earth's gravity sucks me back in and I finally go out as a meteor.

This way I can orbit the earth a giant blinking cross. My relatives can just tell the young kids "see grandpa's not dead his on a mission trip to final frontier". I may even get some sort of crazy adventist psycho hippies to predict Armageddon according to my re-entry date.

If I have any money left it's to go into a fund to create brewing company that brews great beer and prints gospel tracts on all of it's labels.

that's all I come up with so far, but I think I have plenty more time to think on it. hope everyone caught the sarcasm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard this idea before reading your blog, but it is similar and more probable

I want to be creamated and my ashes made into the lining of fireworks. I would like these to be fired off as the finalleee (sp?) to my funeral PARTY.

Also, I want very young yet legal girls to dance provocatively so as to contrast youth and old age.

Anonymous said...

I like your funeral ideas.

I'm trying to think what I'd like at my funeral. I'd like to have all my grandkids there if I have any of those and I would be pleased if there were at least a couple of strangers and at least one large animal, like a donkey. That way, nobody would get too sad because they'd see the donkey and just have to hold back their giggles a bit. I would like for the minister to raise up a shiner bock and give me a toast and then hand out brews to the crowd (if people look really really sad, then he should try to make the donkey drink a shiner).

As for where I'd like to be left, I used to think I'd like to float the guadalupe river so that when my family wanted to remember me they could have a good old time doing that, but the redneck factor is so high these days in those parts that maybe I haven't yet found a good place to deposit my ashes.

Anonymous said...

Another thought,

Remember a couple of years ago, there was some aggie who kicked the bucket (by the way, what the hell does that expression mean?) and he was a regular at the chicken. The family had the funeral at the church and then the reception with open bar and dominoes at the chicken. Awesome right?

Anonymous said...

hows your face?