Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Wisdom is Gone, But My Face is Fine

For all you how were concerned the operation went better than expected. There were a few plusses going into the operation. Firts of all they oral surgeons were not going to have to slice my jaw open and chop up my teeth into little pieces just to get them out. Secondly I had the great privelage of having my first IV.

I went in at 10:30 in the AM. By 10:40 I was prepped and being guided into the operating room. I was rather surprised though at how many nurses there were. I followed one nurse into the operatin room, and then nine nurses followed me in. I was going to make some silly remark about how the ladies always follow, but I thought why upset the people who are going to have me strapped in a chair and unconcious for as long as they please, and with drills and stuff. So I hopped in the chair...they took the blood pressure, which was shockingly low...then the surgeon came in, also a lady, and got the IV ready. The last coherent memory I have is of one nurse hitting my left arm while the surgeon put the IV in. I looked at the nurse quizzicaly and she said "this is to distract you". Of course then I looked over just in time to see the IV go in. Needles don't bother me so I didn't care. Me last thoughts though were "i wonder if that hitting the other arm thing works on people with IQ's higher than 50. I doubt it would even work on my dog. Hmmm, wonder what the IV's gonna feel like when it starts to kick in".

Then I woke up at home. My mom was waking me to take my first dose of hydro-whatever. I was shocked and awed. Between passin out and waking at home I vaguely remember the nurses telling me that they were lifting my feet up for the wheel chair foot rests, why they were telling I don't know, maybe I asked. I also remember hearing them talk to to my mom as they put me in the car. What I remember most clearly is responding to some question from my mom with "it was so great, better than expected". Then I woke up at home. Those three memories weren't even real memories. I could only hear and feel certain things, couldn't see a thing.

In short the IV was wonderful, I didn't even get groggy. Next thing I know I'm at home sippin on gatorade and knocking back some hydro-whatevers. My jaw didn't even hurt post-op. They ached a little when I stopped poppin pain killers, but even now they already have that itchy-achey-jaw feeling that almost feels good.

Getting my wisdoms pulled this time (uppers) was worlds better than last time (lowers). I'm out $250 for the whole thing, but i'd pay that much for the IV alone. I applaude the entire staff involved, all of them, how ever many there were. I do wish I had had a friend there to film the whole thing, I think the film would have been really funny. I especially wish I had footage of the transfer from table to wheel chair. Maybe that's why there were so many nurses. I bet one of them copped a feel.

Anyway that's my story. Give a shout out to my friends abroad. Tim-ee-oh-ho! Wookie! and Nando! Peace brother travel safely.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was why there were so many nurses: So that if one felt your junk all the others did, or to insure nobody did. I know I wouldn't want to be the only one of ten feeling a penis and everyone shaking their head at me.

Anonymous said...

As always your insight is confounding. I remember the time I prematurely went for the goods at thanksgiving, grace must have slipped my mind but everyone was shaking there heads at me. I almost got sent to the kids table. Love you Tito, miss you this much <_____________________>

Anonymous said...

Felix,

Maybe you never had any wisdom teeth in the first place. So they just charged you 250 bucks to knock you out and do whatever they wanted. It's a theory. They probably kicked the doctor out after paying him a percentage to stand in until you went under. Oh well. You'll get'em next time.


By the way, I like your template. Where did you get this?

Anonymous said...

Seconds on posts, please?

Anonymous said...

I never thought of it that way ryan...i don't know what to say...i think i may just take a shower, maybe two. The template I got from a template site. I have a link to it under "links", its the blogget template one. The photo at the top with all the pictures of me i had to add and also the background. It is a great template though. Tim don't worry the posts are coming.

Anonymous said...

I also have a link to the page where i got the background. the link is the "cool backgrounds and stuff" one.