Sunday, April 23, 2006

V for Vendetta


I just saw V for Vendetta. I had heard nothing good about the movie, and me seeing was sort of out of my control. Boy am I glad I saw it. I'm gonna see it again.

The movie was pretty fantastical, and there were a few things about it that made me say "yeah right". But being a former philosophy major I very quickly picked up on the allegorical qualities of the flick. This movie had many things to say about the way society is in america and on a global scale. I'm not saying I agree with all the movie was preaching, and maybe I pulled some things out of it that were incidental. There may also be points that I completely missed. All I'm saying is I spent seven bucks to see it and don't regret it at all. It made me grin with the appreciation that only one thief could have for another that pulled something off very well. I'm pretty good at looking at big pictures, and this movie looks at some big pictures. You don't have to believe me, but I endorse this movie to any who read this.

No comments: