Saturday, April 22, 2006

Deliverance

So today I got some deliverance. It was pure and good. I’ve never had some one spend an hour talking to me and then turn the tables and tell me my greatest fears and misconceptions about myself. It’s an odd experience to have someone tell you something about yourself that you didn’t know, but knew was true. How did he know? How is it that I know he’s right if I didn’t know until just now? The only answer is the Lord. The only answer is that the Lord loves me so much that He told some of my darkest characteristics to someone else, in front of other people, and gave me the heart not to care, but only to long to be free of those things. I was called Gideon today and for the first time I knew it was the warrior Gideon and not Gideon hiding in the wine press. I was called a “rock of Gibraltar”, and I melted because I could hear the Fathers voice. I was enlightened that some of my problems come from other people seeing the Lord’s blessing in me before I did and wanting to be a part of something I thought I was lacking in and could never be to people.

I didn’t pass out. I didn’t speak in tongues. I didn’t have a vision. I have victory though. It is a victory so complete that there wasn’t even any fighting, only broken jars, burnt out torches, and voices raw from praise; a victory so inevitable that the enemy left the field at the first sign of the coming opposition. They were many and they all left at the bidding of one of my brothers. He said go and they went. I and my family are that scary to the enemy. We are the embodiment of the coming defeat of satan and resounding victory of the called out ones led by the first born and backed by the I AM. My prayer is that the time is coming when our voices are anticipated in the heavens and make the darkest evils shudder at their coming defeat, and at our approach.

No comments: